RISC OS works
Created with HTMLEdit v3.5 by Benoît Gilon on July, 21st 1999
Some assumptions and free commitments from the author:
- This site will be the first place to be updated following the progress made on RISC OS related stuff.
This site is currently under construction (see the little anim at the top of the page), if you find broken links in this site, do not bother sending me an email as I am already aware of this. The RISC OS part completion level is 90±5 percent.
Changes descriptions (reverse chronological order)
October, 14th 1999
This page has been registered on the Acorn Web ring (see bottom of this page)
- June, 4th 2003
- New version of TopTen with new features and built for 32 bits.
- Minor update to AddressB
- January, 25th 2002
- New version (v0,3) of CWDSupport with support for DAs (available on RISCOS 3.5 and later OS releases).
- August, 7th 2001
- February, 4th 2001
- November, 26th 2000
- November, 6th 2000
- Development snapshot for the translation of StrongED resources to the French language. Now includes a template file.
- NIH now is supported by !BubbleHlp and FlHelp (other popular interactive help applications). Here you can find the patch archives to be applied to the official BubbleHelp distribution downloadable from its home page (hosted on Paul Vigay's Web site) as well as a Temporary replacement of the FlHelp archive (click on this link for navigating to the author's site which holds the official not yet updated FlHelp archive) + Minor bug fixes.
- from August, 1st to October, 15th 2000
- CWDSupport: A new version providing private handling of system variables and File system settings (not only CSD but PSD, URD and library too).
- NIH now includes a frontend tool to easily convert message files.
- Development snapshot for the translation of StrongED resources to the French language.
- Web site pages updated to reflect my email address change to occur before the end of the century.
- ESP frontend !Player application upgrade (1.34g)
- May, 22nd 2000
- CWDSupport: A RISC OS module to provide Wimp task each with a dedicated "Current Selected Directory".
- March, 2nd 2000
- ESP frontend application upgrades Player (1.34f) and !RealTime (0.01f)
- New Interactive Help
- TAG v0.4: new features include min/MAJ mode switching, segment length control for improved recognition, more letters recognized.
- November, 11th 1999
- AddressB v0.4.1
- TAG v0.3 has its Web page.
- French resources for StrongMen (a freeware Menu manager by Guttorm Vik)
- Visit the Woz and the Trash80 page sections, those are two emulators I wrote in a past life for emulating Apple //e (respectively TRS80 Model 1) computers on the RISC OS platform.
- October, 26th 1999
- AddressB v0.4
- FRAUG Magazine Issue Zero (French language)
- A set of articles I wrote at my beginnings on Acorn platforms (in French). You might find them interesting.
- !HPExplore: A utility to configure a HP LaserJet printer;
- Local: How to internationalize applications which are using the RISCOSLib;
- SysCSD: Display of the Current Working Dir in the command line prompt;
- DelVCod: How to delete a code type environment variable;
- PCGate: Executing RISC OS commands from the MS/DOS prompt (use of the Acorn PCEm software emulator);
- Download zone
- FRAUG Magazine Issue One
- A following to the previous issue (still in French language).
- !PCCache: Call RISC OS SWIs from inside an MS/DOS program (under the Acorn PCEm software emulator);
- !UnJustify: Use of the !Flex DDE FrontEnd;
- !InfoScr: Display some of the settings of the current screen mode (this was the first application I wrote based on the Acorn Toolbox).
- Download zone.
- An application which mimics the Document submenu from the Windows 95/98/NT desktop. It gives you a quick access to recently opened documents. Current release is 0.6.9.
- A programming sample which demonstrates how to use the RISC OS Taskwindow module from inside a WIMP based application.
- A Wimp application which serves as a small address book to me, it is a sample of programming over the GDBM RISC OS module and also behaves as a clipboard data sever (according to Iota/Acorn endorsed clipboard protocol). Documentation is available in English.
- An !AddressB companion application, the application displays the clipboard content provided that it can be displayed in text form. The documentation is available in English.
- An application suite which provides a concurrent, transactional and homogeneous access to data ressources on RISC OS. Current release is v0.2.2. Online documentation sets are available in English as in French (through at various levels of completion).
- My first network application. Works only on RISC PC architectures (and A7000 through not tested). An English speaking documentation is available.
- A dynamic handwriting recognition engine (trough currently at its embryonic state).
- A module to provide Wimp task applications, private copies of system ressource so that they can play with them without interfering with other concurrent applications. New release include support for DAs (available on RISCOS 3.5 and later OS releases).
- A set of software ressources to allow both localized and English speaking messages in interactive help windows.
- French territory module
- Allows you to:
- See dates in french on your desktop;
- Set alarms with dates in french in the original !Alarm application;
- Play with other locales (like monetary formats in spreadsheets);
- Translate newest toolboox applications like !Browse;
This RISC OS Web Ring
site belongs to Benoît GILON
[ Site -2
| Site -1
| Random Site
| Site +1
| Site +2
| Site +5
Want to join the ring? Find out how.